I'm open to various possibilities, but I have always thought that if I were to perform with one other musician on a regular basis, the ideal would be a really good improvisational fiddle player who is also really good at singing harmonies.
Whoever it is would ideally be someone who also:
- lives in or near Portland, Oregon
- likes the idea of traveling a lot for weeks or months on end, including internationally
- likes the idea of performing at protests and events involving primarily some combination of socialists, communists, anarchists, peaceniks, hippies, punks, etc.
- has no aspirations to make a lot of money at this
- has done some DIY touring and has some idea of what they're getting into
- does not think that the idea of sleeping on a foldout couch now and then is the end of the world
- is easy to get along with when cooped up with one other person for weeks or months at a time in a small rental car
That's it in a nutshell as far as who I'm looking for. A little about me: I'm a politically-obsessed singer-songwriter based in Portland. You can listen to my music at davidrovics.com. I've been making a living as a solo artist touring internationally (mainly Europe and North America) since 1997 or so. Mainly by sponging off of the international Left. And a little from playing for the folk and punk music scenes in different countries, but mainly the Left.
Please email me at email@example.com with links to your music and any other such info that may be relevant if you want to think about collaborating musically!